Sign up for the 2019 Season is OPEN!
Click HERE to join the CSA!
Over the last 20 years, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) has become a popular way for people to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer.
Our CSA program is CUSTOMIZABLE. Here’s how it works:
When you sign up you rate all the crops we grow on a scale of 1 to 5.
Then 24 to 48 hours prior to your delivery we send a ‘Time to Customize’ email that has a ‘draft’ box for you to view that is based on your preferences and our harvest. This has recipe ideas and news from the farm as well.
You have time to log in and make changes to your box further or you can leave it the way it is. You can also purchase extra items at this time.
Then we send a ‘Your box is on its way’ email that shows your box contents.
Finally you simply go pick up your box at the time and place you selected at sign up.
It’s that easy!
If we are short on produce we buy locally grown and milled grits and corn meal, honey, blueberries, apples, granola, etc. from other farms to give to our customers which may or may not be certified organic.
An important aspect of a CSA is that the members share in the risk of farming as well as the bounty. If a hail storm or late freeze damages the strawberry crop or a drought and high heat ruins the tomato crop, there will not be as many of those crops that year. However, if there is a bumper crop of strawberries, CSA members make space in their freezer!
In our 15 years of farming we have always given members the amount they paid for and often much more. When you join our CSA you are making an investment in local, organic agriculture and our goal is to give you a great return on your investment by providing healthy food and a healthier environment.
This arrangement creates several rewards for both the farmer and the consumer. In brief..
Advantages for farmers:
- Get to spend time marketing the food early in the year, before their 16 hour days in the field begin
- Receive payment early in the season, which helps with the farm’s cash flow
- Have an opportunity to get to know the people who eat the food they grow
Advantages for consumers:
- Eat ultra-fresh food, with all the flavor and vitamin benefits
- Get exposed to new vegetables and new ways of cooking
- Visit the farm where their food grows
- Find that kids typically favor food from “their” farm – even veggies they’ve never been known to eat
- Develop a relationship with the farmer who grows their food and learn more about how food is grown
Additionally, members may purchase eggs that we raise (pastured but not certified organic) and other items that we may resell from other growers.
Our Produce is valued at a fair-market price for Certified Organic vegetables, however, often times, members receive a much better deal than they would find in the grocery store for a lower quality food item.